Each one of us deserves a break, but getting one doesn’t have to mean that you have to leave the country as there are some great places to visit here such as the ever-famous Lake District, which continues to attract visitors from all over the world.
Winters can be a great time to spend some time in one of the many cottages in Keswick. If you enjoy a breeze of fresh and unspoiled air, this will be the place you will want to head to. Some trekking and hiking equipment will be helpful too, because after all this what you will be doing there most of the time.
One of the biggest advantages of visiting Lake District in winter is that it is more quiet there than during summer. This can be a big deal to all those who are looking for some place to hide from their busy lives. And here are some of the examples of what one can do in Keswick:
1. Hope Park cannot be missed especially if you have young children with you. They are arguably the biggest attraction of the town and rightfully so. It is true that the park might be more beautiful during summer due to rather fabulous gardens, but even during this time of year it is worth to give it a go.
2. The town itself has a rather impressive selection of shops and cafes for even the most demanding of customers. You can spend hours and hours just browsing through stuff.
3. Castlerigg Stone Circle is one of the marvels in the area. Nobody knows how the stones got there, but the place is really impressive.
4. Theatre by the Lake is just another place you might want to explore if you appreciate fine arts. The place is open all year round, so winter is a great time to visit.
5. The whole of Keswick is surrounded by picturesque hills and lakes that are great for hiking. A pair of warm boots and some warm clothes will be what you will need to start your adventures there. There will be a few other accessories that you might want to take with you depending on the weather.