When you mention Marbella, the first things that come to most people’s minds are sun, sand and Puerto Banús. Marbella is, par excellence, the most important city on the Costa del Sol, and the favourite holiday destination of many.
The city offers lots of options for tourists, both for leisure and for culture. Certainly, the options and activities it offers for leisure, relaxation and tranquility are greater, making it very attractive to visitors from abroad.
Another well-known bonus of Marbella, and the Costa del Sol in general, is its climate and the high number of sunshine hours, whatever the season. This means that enjoying the sun and sand is possible any time of year, and you can travel in the low season and have a wonderful holiday enjoying the good weather.
Some activities you can’t miss if you visit the standout city of the Costa del Sol:
- Enjoy the gastronomy: savour and enjoy the tapas accompanied by a nice cold beer to help survive the heat. Try the fresh fish, the “espeto de sardinas”, anchovies or a good seafood paella.
- Walk around Puerto Banús: the activity par excellence. Puerto Banús is considered one of the most glamorous and well-known marinas in Europe.
- Enjoy activities like diving or dolphin watching: renting a boat is perfect for enjoying these activities, an unforgettable experience. Even better, you can enjoy the beach without the hustle and bustle of people and overcrowded beaches.
- Cruise Marbella by yacht: The Costa del Sol offers a wide range of luxury rental yachts in Marbella and Puerto Banús (http://marbellaboatcharter.com). Take a trip along the coast sunbathing and swimming in calm, crystal clear waters, making out the splendor of the city from the sea.
- Visit the golf courses: This area is also known as the Costa del Golf because of the huge number of golf courses around. Whether you enjoy the sport or are simply curious, it’s the great opportunity to visit one of more than 70 courses at your disposal.
Planning a holiday takes time, and requires searching for information to work out what you can’t miss during your visit. If you’re planning your holiday with the objective of relaxing, disconnecting from the day to day and enjoying yourself, Marbella is the perfect place. Choose from the wide range of leisure activities, from a day of shopping in the historic centre to renting a boat in Marbella (http://marbellaboatcharter.com). It’s up to you what you do on your holiday!